Sunday, October 25, 2015

Un obra maravillosa (written Oct 19)

This week was crazy, first off we didn’t have transfers this last week. They are this week. Maybe I didn’t explain that well because many were confused. But we were sad because we knew it was probably our last week together. I started kind of freaking out at the beginning of the week thinking about how was I going to be able to do all of this without her. I have had companions that made me feel so bad about myself and broke down my self-confidence. Hermana Austin just daily builds me up. She told me that whatever happens it is what the Lord wants and knows I need. But that’s what scares me more, what the Lord knows I need. But I’m really learning to just put all my confidence in the Lord and know that He loves me so much and will always do what’s best.

This last week we got rid of everyone that didn’t want to progress. We had given them all 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 chances and they aren’t looking for the truth. So in the zone meeting you have to post the people under the Saturdays that you’re working with to get them baptized those days. For the first time in my mission we wrote nothing. We looked at them and said that we could write lots of names but we know they don’t want to be baptized, so we are looking. They gave us some ideas of how to find people and we left... but we were so determined to find people this last week. 

We literally just have been teaching progressively less people each week. That’s the best part of Paraguay, you can just teach all day long. But here in San Lorenzo we have days when not a single person will talk to us. That was like three weeks ago, then we focused on talking to everyone and we started to feel happier because we talked to more people. Each week we have been trying something different to find new people. This week when we counted up all our lessons our numbers were literally the worst of all the time we have had together, which is sad. The goal is to always be getting better, so you would think maybe we are discouraged or at least our district leader did last night when we talked to him. 

Elder: " Hermanas, don’t be discouraged by how bad your numbers are" 
Hermana Austin: "We aren’t discouraged, Elder, because we did so much this week to find new people and we did!! We have found so many new people!!!"

We were sitting Thursday just trying to figure out what we are going to do, I was worried about bring a new Hermana here when we had nothing. But the spirit told us to look in Preach my Gospel and we found an activity where you write all the references from the last month and go by them again. We went kind of crazy and made a list of all from the past 6 months Hermana Austin has been in San Lorenzo. It was a list of about 20. We found that lots of them we had never met. We started to get really excited. We had to talk to a lot of members to get info about these people and something magic happened. When we talked to them they started to give us more references. We received 8 this week. We have been getting like 1 or 2 a week. We were stoked. One member who never lets us share with her daughter in law who isn’t a member, just took us to her and left us alone. It was amazing. So our lesson numbers were low this week but we got soooo many references that are going to carry me the first two weeks with my new comp. I’m so grateful, god really loves us. 

Other than that, we felt really inspired to visit the Hermanas this week. We traveled Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Wednesday we did splits and the other days we just studied with them to see how they are doing. It was so great, I just felt the spirt so strong. I was able to share our hardships with them and I realized God was having me pass through a lot of this so I would know how to help the Hermanas who are passing through similar things. I love just being so in tune with the spirit. Friday we had no plans to travel and then during exercises Hermana Austin says “We should go to Ita.” We just start getting ready in a mad hurry and I was just praying we would get there in time for their studies and it was magic. We got a bus quick and our driver got us there so fast. I got to study with Hermana Gilchrist. I don’t know if I helped her. It wasn’t like they were fighting and needed us badly, but we just felt we should go and we just did what the Lord asked without asking questions. I have learned it’s better that way. He always tells us what to do but rarely why. I’m so grateful to be on a mission. I know that He knows what’s best. So we will see what happens this week with changes.

Love you all,

Hermana Ball


Ponderize: Moroni 9:6 I love it, at the first it says not withstanding their hardness. It doesn’t matter if people are mean or don’t accept us. We not only didn’t get accepted into people’s houses this last week, but people flat out said not to come back, which rarely happens and tried to give back their Books of Mormon but we wouldn’t take them. God says just work with all diligence. No importa su dureza, porque tenemos una obra que debemos efecuar!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment