Sunday, October 25, 2015

I can't believe how fast time flies (written Oct 12)

mono (monkey)
The other day Hermana Austin and I were walking down the street and we found a frog. Wanilda has a huge fear of frogs so, of course, I picked it up and walked like 10 blocks home to hide it in a bucket to show her. hahahah Pablo helped us but it actually wasn’t that funny. She got so scared. She hid in her room and wouldn’t come out. She got so mad. She didn’t want to talk to us. They don’t really like jokes like that around here. She wouldn’t come out till we took the frog like two blogs away. Now she won’t let us live it down about how terrible we were to her... hahahah but we still thought it was so funny.

This week I completed a year in the mission. I couldn’t believe it, we had a little sad dinner and tried to not think about it, but I wrote some thoughts about my last year in my journal and as I wrote I just really thought about all the joy and hard times I have had in this year. I am really changing so much. I am nothing like I was a year ago. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised when you guys see me again. 

I don’t know what’s going on with the weather here. One day it’s sooo hot and the next it soooo cold. It’s been raining the past three days which is just so much fun for us to walk in the rain but the bad news is the Paraguayans like to sleep when it rains so we didn’t do lots of teaching. But the Lord loves us so much. He blessed us with many miracles this week. Some were just random. We were walking sadly and we found a monkey. It was a tender mercy because I love monkeys. It wanted to talk to us, unlike the people. Then later a nice less active member let us in her house and gave us some malta and crackers. So don’t worry. The members are taking care of us. 

As far as our investigators, we are trying to find new ones. Gretel didn’t come to church and we don’t really know why, but we are trying to be really creative in looking for new people. Really we are just talking to everyone. It was so cold one day and I saw a lady sweeping. Satan told me “Don’t talk to her” so then I did. I said hello and she said “I have my religion....” I said “Can we just share for a min?” She said no..... we walked away laughing. God purposely sent me to her to see if I would do it. She was so mean but I think part of being an old missionary is that stuff doesn’t even phase me anymore. We just shake it off and go to the next house and hope maybe they will want to listen. 

I’m still with Hermana Austin. This is week 6 of the change. I can’t believe how fast time is going. Changes are next Wednesday. I’m worried. I’m so use to her. I don’t want to change but I know that’s the only way we can grow.

I love you all, 

Hermana Ball


Ponderize: St John 14:27 I’m really excited about this one. I really need it. I realize I need to look for peace and accept that the Lord freely gives it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment