Tuesday, June 30, 2015

VAYANSE AHORA (leave now)

Hola Familia!!!
Another week has gone by! This last Tuesday I was still at home with the sister who couldn’t walk, it was the worst. Oh, but before that I forget, the whole mission had an emergency drill. We got a call that said VÁYANSE AHORA!!!!(Go now) So we had to leave our house with our emergency kits and instead of taking a bus to our weekly district meeting, we had to walk. It was to see if we could do it if there was a real emergency. It took us an hour carrying 4 liters de water, but it’s ok. Haha In the district meeting we were in charge of the practice and normally I’m so nervous for that type of thing, but I can really see that God is helping me to have confidence in myself and my Spanish. I ended up talking more than Hermana Austin. So that was kind of a moment for me that helped me feel like maybe I can do this whole sister training leader thing. 

I spent the rest of the day with the sister and it was so hard because her and her companion aren’t getting along and its way sad. She was just venting to me the whole time. Hermana Austin and I feel bad because they are in our same ward and we are always so happy and we get along so great and they are both miserable. For one of them, this is her last transfer, so it’s way sad. She told Hermana Austin she just wants to go home. She doesn’t want to try and make it work. So we had that to think about. We were like, NO!!! Just try and make it work. 

Friday I had my first splits with a sister who is in training. She is in the same group as Hermana Paredes. It was so great, I loved it. I didn’t really feel like I was the sister leader but I think it went really well. She told me that my spiritual thought was an answer to her prayers. That was great because I had been praying so hard to know what she needed. 

Saturday we went straight from splits to the sisters in our ward that are having problems and we basically had a huge girl session. There were tears and lots of rude remarks. We read with them why we have companions and I felt like we did our job well but I don’t know if they are better. Saturday I hugged the one that’s has a hurt foot and whispered, “Are things better?” and she said kind of. There really isn’t much more we can do than to try and get them to talk things out. 

So I will just talk about Pablo for a second. He is just so great. He had his baptism Saturday and he was just literally so happy. He bore his testimony and the whole time he kept saying how happy he is to find the true church. His story is so great, I wish I had more time to tell you the whole thing but really he just made me realize that there really are people who are prepared and waiting for the gospel. His wife is a member and she had been less active for a year.  She said that she went through the temple, her husband was baptized, she got her patriarchal blessing and her blessing said she would be sealed in the temple, but her husband never got to that point and then they separated. Then she found Pablo and now she is active and he is a member and their goal is to go to the temple. I know I didn’t do anything, he was literally just waiting for the gospel to make his life complete. He is so great. I love this family so much!!!! 

I am the happiest I have ever been. I am working harder than I ever have. I’m more obedient than I ever have been because now I’m the example. But really I am just so happy to be here in the mission. I’m starting to really understand the atonement. I am so grateful that we have it. Christ didn’t just suffer for our sins, he suffered for our pain. We never ever have to be in pain, he can literally take it away. We just have to let him. Let him change our life. So if you’re going through a hard time, if you’re stressed, ask God to literally just take it away, to help you learn the lesson. He won’t take the circumstances away, but he will send you happiness. Things will still be hard, but you will have the strength to endure!!

Love you. Have a great week.

xooxoxox
Hermana Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment