Monday, November 9, 2015

Siga teniendo milagros! (I keep having miracles)

Splits in Ita. I was so happy to be out in the country again. The city is killing me.


Ivana at Church.  Miracles do exist!



I can’t believe how fast the weeks go!!!! Things are so great here in SAN LORENZO. I love my companion so much. We have lots of fun together and the sign of a true friendship is that we are so happy when we get back from splits. We just want to get back to working together in OUR area, but we had a fun week. 


It was sad though, we called the sister who was struggling and we found out she was going home. We felt really bad but she was happy so I guess it was for the better. I got to see Hermana Gilchrist again. I love her so much, but this time I was with her companion. We had a lot of fun and I was so happy to be out in the country again. I’m dying here in the city. There were just wide open fields full of cows. It was so funny, the latina I was with hates the country. The whole time bugs where getting her and she was in misery. I wish I could switch her! but not really. I love San Lorenzo. I never want to leave. It makes me sad to think that maybe my days here are numbered.... Bridge asked me how I’m doing, this is the longest I have been in one area and honestly I’m doing really good. At the first it was so hard. I didn’t know who to put in our plans. I felt like no one here wants to get baptized, but now we are really finding lots of new people. There are always houses I have never talked to and I’m having a good attitude and going back to people if Hermana McDougal wants to go back. She is so great and patient and she just feel in love with San Lorenzo really fast. I was so worried I would get someone who would hate it here. The work here is kind of different than other parts. Honestly the closer changes get, the less I want to leave this change. I would be fine staying another change. After this change I have 6 months here so we will see, but our new president is doing all kinds of crazy things so we never know. Maybe I will have a Christmas in San Lorenzo! 

Ivana is doing really great!!! She said she wants to get baptized. She has known since she came to church last week. She could only meet with us Wednesday and I wasn’t there!!! stupid splits. She said even though I won’t see you guys, I’m going to be praying and thinking about this every day!!! Saturday we went by her family’s restaurant, which has such good food if you were wondering, and we ate. It’s a sneaky way to run into her or her family. haha When we were finishing up she came in and talked to us. She said, “Hermanas, I have been so worried all day. My mom said I need to be here tomorrow all day to talk to the new cook with her. I told her I can’t til 11” (when church is over) Her mom said she was being selfish. She told her family that she needed this time but they still didn’t understand. Then guess what!!! The cook called and said he couldn’t come until 11!!!! When she told us we were so happy. I almost cried. She was like “I know God is helping me!!” When we left I was like Hermana, GOD totally had our back on this one!! haha It’s true, if the people really want to complete God will prepare a way like what it says in 1 Nephi 3:7 God really does his part! I love teaching her, she just really gets it!!! She is so excited about her baptism!! 

Please keep praying for Wanilda and Pablo. They both don’t have jobs right now. I’m worried about them. But they are just so faithful. Last night they started the Book of Mormon in English. Pablo speaks English and wants to teach Wanilda and she is teaching him Portuguese. Wanilda went to visit her family this week in Brazil and I missed her so much. It’s going to be so hard to leave here!!! 

Hermana Ball

Que tengan linda semana, voy estar orando para ustedes (I hope you have a great week, I will be praying for you all)

Ponderize: 2 Nephi 25:26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophesies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins. I really like this so much better in Spanish, but that’s ok. I just feel like this is our whole message. Christ and his love! and that really he is the only way we can be saved! I’m so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment