Monday, May 18, 2015

This One's For The Moms - sent May 11, 2015

I saw Megan Gilchrist in the terminal.  It was sooooooooooo great.
It was like having a little piece of home for a few minutes.

Mi Hija!  (My daughter)


So this week we had cambios (transfers)!!!! My family already knows, but for all you other people I’m still here in good old Villa Ellisa! But I have a new companion. Her name is Hermana Paredes and she is from Argentina. She is the best, but there is more.... this is her 6th day in the mission which means I’M HER TRAINER!!! whahooooo I wasn’t scared at all at first. I was so stoked for this opportunity, but then after a few days the fear started to come, haha but I know that I’m a trainer for a reason. 
From day one she was teaching right alongside of me. She is really great about leading the conversations but this is also one struggle I’m starting to have because if I ever stumble on my Spanish she is off and it’s hard to jump back in. Sometimes I get a little down on myself and think I don’t have anything to contribute, but I know that’s not true. I know this is going to be good for me. This next three months with her is going to teach me a lot! 

We found a girl this week named Camila. She is soooo great. Her step-dad is a less active. I don’t know him, but seriously, this girl is great. In her prayer after the first lesson she said please bless my parents that they will accept the fact that I want to be baptized and give their permission!!! ahhh It was great. We have a lesson with her this week so we will see how that goes.
In other news, my converts are doing soooo great. They were all at church this last Sunday regardless of the rain. I was so proud we sustained Cristobal so this next week he is going to receive the priesthood!!!!!!! I am so proud of him. 
We have a woman in our ward named Limpia. She is a little special. She is like 75, but her brain is at like a 7 year old level. She always comes to church and sits with the missionaries. She was baptized like 4 years ago because she wanted to follow Christ. Before, Hermana Guardado always sat with her and kept her calm, but now it is my turn. She came in all ready and sat by me. I was praying so hard to know how to help her. I just started whispering in her ear and she calmed down and sat and listened to the talks. I was just rubbing her back and then she started to rip the chair in front of us. It had some fabric hanging down. I tried to distract her with something else but she kept trying so I started to whisper to her that this was her dad’s house and that she doesn’t want to break her dad’s things. She felt bad so she got up and started yelling that I was a bad person and that she doesn’t love me or want anything to do with me. It was hard. At one point the speaker completely stopped talking and like everyone was looking at me. Then out of nowhere she just came and sat down and was fine the rest of the time. I love her so much. I know Heavenly Father was helping her calm down because I really did nothing. 
President said something really interesting to us trainers before we met our comps. He asked us the difference between being perfect and being worthy. No one really said anything. Then he said it’s a big difference. In this life you will never be perfect but you always will have the choice to be worthy!!! So when you feel down or not good enough just remember that Heavenly Father doesn’t expect you to be perfect he just wants us to strive to always be worthy!!! 
I wrote this one is for the moms because I didn’t really say Happy Mother’s Day to my moms yesterday. But really I have SOO many wonderful women in my life I am so grateful to all of you for your examples. I hope that I can be a good "Mom " in the mission. 
I love you all. I hope you all have a great week
LOVE HERMANA BALL

No comments:

Post a Comment